I want to say “thank you” to DeborahMarie for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am fairly new to blogging, so I did not know that things like this occurred. Nevertheless, what a sense of joy when I saw “My Faith Expressions” listed as a nominee by a fellow Christian Blogger, DeborahMarie. It is surely nice to be considered as someone who is uplifting hearts through writing what God allows for me to share. I know that I don’t always get it right, but my heart is right, and I truly desire to hear from Him when I have the opportunity to share with you.
Check out DeborahMarie’s blog and I guarantee you will be blessed! Her blog is titled “Great Is God’s Faithfulness”. That, He definitely is; FAITHFUL!
- Use the sunshine blogger award logo
- Give thanks to the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions
Here are DeborahMarie’s Questions for me:
- Are you an owl or a lark? (stay up late or early riser)
I am definitely an early riser, but then again, I think I also stay up late with a few cat naps during the evening. I don’t know how I do it, but I often function off of probably 5 hours of sleep. It’s not that I do not want to sleep, but often my brain stays awake, if you know what I mean. LOL
- What do you do for fun?
My life right now is dedicated to helping a loved one reach their full potential in life, so I don’t do much right now outside of working, attending weekly church services, and pouring into him (my son). I do enjoy watching tv, more so old shows from the 80’s and 90’s (dating myself); but that is when tv was really good. I love a good reboot. Of course, I enjoy reading books, but I find it more difficult to do so during the warmer summer months. But hey, fall and winter, are right around the bend (I know! I know! Don’t mention it! :-)) and I have plenty of books stacked up to get me through those months. I’m sure that I will read something interesting to share with you.
- What are your spiritual gifts?
If I had to pick a few, I think teaching would be one, although I haven’t yet put that gift into full action. I need confidence in that area in public settings, that is where blogging has become beneficial to me because I believe that I am able to exercise that gift through the Holy Spirit, this way, and reach others, sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ and prayerfully I am being used by God to glorify Him. Others would be discernment, faith, and wisdom. I’m a little different, or so I have always thought, but I believe it’s because of the wisdom that God has given to me. I try to share that with others when asked for direction. I pray that when I have something of substance to say that it benefits others and is a part of God’s plan to guide their lives.
- Have you made Jesus the Lord of your life? If so, how did it happen?
Yes, I have. I grew up in the church. I have been a Pastor’s daughter for 39 years. That was not always easy. I will just leave it there. LOL So, I’ve always known who Jesus is, but I would have to say in my later 20s is when I made my own decision to really trust God and walk according to His will for me. It was no longer based on just what I was taught and being a certain way because I felt like I had to be, but more because I wanted to experience His grace and mercy within my life on a daily basis and personal level. It’s been a process and the older I get, the more I understand Him. Life’s experiences will definitely teach you who God really is in your own life.
- Do you have a life verse? If so, what is it, and why?
My go to verses for this season are:
Isaiah 41:10 (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee:
be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee;
yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Ephesians 1:18 (KJV)
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
- What is your favorite characteristic about yourself?
This one is a little tough. You know we are our worst critics. But, I believe that I am an understanding and compassionate person. I don’t know if everyone around me sees my heart, but, I try to find the good in every person and every situation. Sometimes when life gets a little intense, it is hard to do so, but then I bounce back and I look for God in everything. I’m a work in progress.
- What is one valuable lesson you have learned in life?
Never doubt God. Waiting is part of His plan, as it is causing spiritual growth and the ability to help others who may have to walk this same path as me. His “No’s” mean there is better coming and some seemingly “No” answers are just “Not Yet”; so, don’t get frustrated. Shake off those negative feelings. Don’t give up. Believe in the God of the impossible.
- When did you know you were a writer?
I always had pen and paper with me, most times, growing up. I get that from my mother. LOL I have always been sort of an introvert (hey that’s the next question), so writing was always my better method of expressing myself. I am also a visual person, so writing allows me to see it and that helps when trying to recall things to apply to my life circumstances.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Introvert, with some extrovert tendencies depending on the crowd. LOL
- Do you dread or look forward to your birthday?
I don’t dread it (I’ll be 48 next week), but I also don’t make a big fuss. I’m not much for a lot of attention (see #9). LOL
- Which do you prefer: city or country, fried or baked, sweet or salty, book or movie, drive or fly, cook or takeout?
City, Fried, Salty, Book and Movie, Drive (if I’m not going to get stuck in traffic), Fly (if the flight is non-stop – One flight up and down to get there and One flight up and down to get back; therefore, I will drive further to get to a larger airport), Takeout, but the budget often says Cook. LOL
Here are “My Faith Expressions” Questions for me:
- What prompted you to begin blogging?
- What do you most want to get across to others in your writing?
- What is your favorite time of the day (morning, afternoon, evening) and why?
- What makes you laugh (medicine for the soul) or brings you the most joy here on earth?
- Do you prefer the outdoors or the indoors? Spring/Summer or Fall/Winter?
- What are your two most favorite activities?
- What is the last book that you read or movie that you enjoyed?
- If you could write a two to three sentence blog directly to heaven, what would you say?
- What is your go to Bible Translation and what passage of Scripture speaks to you today?
- If you could choose only one food item to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be? It could be a specific dish or style of food (Chinese, American, Italian, French, Mexican, etc…).
- Did you enjoy this question/answer process?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers who inspire, are creative and spread positivity. Please do not feel any pressure to participate, it is my way of saying I enjoy what you all write. If you’ve already been nominated, then you are doubly blessed. 🙂
“You Are More
Don’t Look Back
Finish the Process”
Romans 10:17 (NLT)
So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ.
AVAILABLE IN PAPERBACK AND KINDLE FORMATS
Intermittent Audio Prayer Breaks
Thank You For Reading My Blog!
“I will sing of the Lord’s unfailing love forever! Young and old will hear of your faithfulness.”
Psalm 89:1 NLT
Tell a Friend…
© MyFaithExpressions, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to MyFaithExpressions with appropriate and specific direction to myfaithexpressions.blog.